Wednesday 27 November 2019

Packing

Deciding what to take for a workshop on the other side of the world isn't always easy, especially when it's not totally clear what you'll need or not.  For this workshop I've compromised a bit on the high end kit (which we're not going to emphasize), and tried to build in flexibility. The cat is staying behind.

The novelty this time is much more focus on mobile film-making, aided by some new microphones.    I'd have liked to have a video light or two, but I'm flying via Hong Kong, so there's a chance to look around and maybe pick  up a bargain.  It'd also be nice to have some kind of frame or grip to hold my mobile with space for a mic.  I'll also look for an adapter or two on the way, as the Australian plug is different.
I've cut back on clothes because it's going to be warm in Brisbane, and I can manage with a light jacket and sandals for the transfers.  The total weight came in at 18 kg, which is awesome, though don't ask about my hand luggage.  It's where I carry all the delicate stuff, and I always have two goes at security while they make sense of all the circuitry and funny shapes.  It helps to know that the metal tube they're interested in is a microphone, though it doesn't help to say "That's my shotgun".

Now it's the point where all the decisions are made and we just have to solve things with what we have. 

1 comment: