Wednesday 27 November 2019

Beginnings

The way I remember it is something like "I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm going to Australia for 3 days.   It's just too far.  I'd love to come to the symposium, but I'll have to find something else to do". 
Something else turned out to be really cool - four and a half days of workshops, hosted by yourtown, YMCA and University of Queensland, looking at how participatory media production, evaluation and research fit together - https://www.yourtown.com.au/participatory-visual-methods-workshop.  I'm working with some really cool individuals.  

So welcome aboard the blog of the project.  Its been months in the making, with a dream team to work with, drama (visas), excitement and head scratching all fitted around already busy schedules. Early morning meetings have become normal (We're 9 hours behind now in Europe, which means 7am is 4pm in Brisbane).

It means leaving my forest and garden behind to the deer and the wind, but I think it's going to be worth it.  I've been thinking about these things for nearly 20 years now, trying out parts of them and testing and refining others in conferences and in teaching.  It's time to put it together and share it.  Turns out that "No, but..." is a doorway to adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment