Sunday 8 December 2019

Ready..Steady...

Almost there now.  There're still things to line up and the running order to check, but we're in the workshop space now with a couple of hours until everyone's here.  The last few days has been full of preparation.  Talking through sessions, trying things out and seeing if the kit works.  There's also the small matter of jet lag and Gusztav waking up at 4.30am, ready for dinner.  It's just as important to prepare ourselves and get in the right frame of mind for doing workshops.
My preparation started last week with a three day stopover in Hong Kong and a day at the spa while I waited for my friend to come home from work and let me in.  That and the extra time here last week for a conference has taken the edge of the jetlag and given me some space away from work to sort things out and potter a bit. 
This morning the game was a bit of stretching and meditation, breakfast and coffee, and then walking over to Yourtown with all the kit.  We're setting up the tables, making sure the projectors and the wifi works and so on.  I've just remembered that I need to link the ipads up to Box so we can share media easily.  It's quite calming, and soon it'll be time to talk through the schedule one more time, and then print it out, and that's what we're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment